Top tips for adding extra polish and pizzazz to get the party vibe.
1. This season, a sequinned or extra fabulous clutch bag is a sure addition to any look. A favourite way of tapping into the velvet craze is with a velvet bag in a glorious, get-me-noticed colour.
2. Give yourself an edge. I have been quizzing a few of the fashion tribe for their top tips for feeling great and getting noticed. Get a blow dry on the day was the message. Yes, in the UK we are a little casual about our hair and agree that a session at the hairdresser is important for the party gloss. Especially with Instagramming rampant.
3. Manicure too, of course. Chanel reds work for me and are super glam. Teamed with a little black dress, a gorgeous silk blouse, cashmere and BIG earrings are still big news.
4. Team a lace-trimmed or plain dress with lacy tights - fashion detail alert! Sheer black is always super sexy, too. A no-no are thick black daytime tights.
5. Shoes have never been easier. High heels always work, we feel cool and own the room. We walk differently too. Kitten heels are always fashionable. The newer block heel and Mary-Jane are so comfortable when standing for hours and party best in bronze, for example. Trendies will wear their furry Gucci slides that are great with our Yasmin Le Bon Silk Trousers, £295, our Crepe Jersey Wide Leg Trouser, £125, or our Wide Leg Flat Front Trouser, £195. Curled up with a lover is another thing entirely – and perhaps where only a Winser Cashmere Wrap will do.
6. I think one can’t go too far garnishing one's holiday kit, if the garments are simple, suit you and are a lovely quality.
By Vanessa de Lisle - www.thefashioncupboard.com