Sweaters are fashion-forward and October is a good time to muse on what we want. Darkness is returning, so black and navy is likely to be our go-to colour palette but there are so many beautiful colours this season why not incorporate something colour-blocked in a lovely knitted piece.
Six of the Best:
- 1. Bi-Colour Aran Cable Knit, £150. This is Kim Winser's favourite jumper of the Autumn collection. The design has a ribbed funnel neck and is in Ivory/Black but also available in plain Ivory and is made from a delicious soft cashmere and wool blend.
- 2. Cashmere Blend Colour Block V Neck Jumper, £99. Another smart Black/Ivory jumper in luxurious yarns. It's also in Ivory but we love the sporty element of this colour block design.
- 3. Intarsia Roll Neck Jumper, £79 (Intarsia: this is patterned to you and me). Lovely
painterly swirls of colour knitted into this. One colour way is soft, gently graded Ivory/Camel/Grey and the other is a stronger colour mix, Black/Ivory/Grey.
- 4. Colour Block Jumper, £79. This is my favourite jumper of the group and reminds me of those Sonia Rykiel designs that I wore in the '70s. The colours are inspiring; Midnight/Moonlight/Black and Black/Burgundy/Camel. The blue version works well with my navy-biased wardrobe.
- 5. Merino Wool Roll Neck, £79. The colour block option of this easy jumper is sporty in the Black/Ivory version and the Burgundy/Black, but it takes on a different personality in the plains, Black or Blush. For wool fans this is 100% Merino.
- 6. Colour Block Poncho in a blend of cashmere and wool, £99. Super chic in both the
Black/Ivory version and the soft Camel/Ivory.
By Vanessa de Lisle - www.thefashioncupboard.com