I was never very enthusiastic about changing in the office loos for a smart evening out, but few people have the luxury or the time to go home and change anymore. Smarter to have planned before setting off. A godsend is a smart dress with a modicum of stretch (prevents creasing), a sleeveless shift is perfect for evening with a high heel and jewellery. Happily, the same dress works for a day at the office when you can wear it with a coloured cardigan or smart jacket. Flats or boots always look more casual, take a pair of heels and a make-up repair kit and have a good hair plan; so much easier than a change of clothes. The Winser London dresses are the answer - with Claire Underwood in House of Cards as inspiration.
My Top 8 are:
1. The Crepe Jersey Crochet Trim Shift Dress, £165, is dressy enough for evening drinks or dinner but not too over the top for a day at the office.
2. The Miracle Colour Block Fitted Dress, £135, is extremely smart.
3. The original Miracle Dress, £135, is a simple winner.
4. The Miracle Short Sleeved Dress, £99.
5. The Grace Miracle Dress, £150, is an easy win for a long day.
6. The Cotton Pleated Dress, £115, looks both prim and sexy depending on how you wear it.
Finally, the two sleeveless dresses are two that I recommend most highly as they work so well teamed with a jacket or cardigan:
7. The Miracle Shift Dress, £135, and
8. The Crepe Jersey Shift Dress, £125.