Be sure to have at least one little black dress prepped for action. My top six are:
- The press loved the two-in-one plain black dress with a detachable crystal bead collar called the Detachable Collar Shift Dress £125. The collar extends the life of the dress; perfect for the business traveller as it works both for a meeting and drinks at the hotel.
- There is a fresh newness in the Ruffle-Fronted Dress, £135. The shape is a simple shift in a lovely crepe.
- The deep lace trim on the hem of the fine Merino Wool Dress is an elegant option, dressy but not too dressy and only £125.
- If you want a really useful, forgiving and beautifully feminine dress consider the Silk Georgette Layered Shift Dress, it's floaty and reminds me of old Hollywood, £175.
- And if you are looking for something a little different this season, why not make an entrance with a little black suit! Our Lauren Tailored Blazer £295 and Wide Leg Flat Front Trouser £195 is a suit that has been loved since the moment it was seen.
Or for something slightly different, how about the new Winser suit this season: Single Breasted Blazer £165 and the Sporty Straight Leg Trouser £99. Both suits are also available in midnight should you wish to mix things up a little.
By Vanessa de Lisle - www.thefashioncupboard.com