Why do we splurge on one thing and skimp on another? It is a question that is hard to puzzle out and one that most of us are grappling with at the onset of the seasonal sales. Some of us are basics junkies, others are investors splurging on dressier designer pieces, for another it is luxury like cashmere. Some women feel happier when they plan and consider and are strategists, other women just like to have fun and be spontaneous. So who are you? What is your sale shopping philosophy? Do you make cost-per-wear calculations? Are you an impulse buyer, a “know it when you see it”, or a basics junky stocking up on T shirts? The watcher, waiting and hoping that the item of love will eventually be on sale and not sold out. Yikes, I confess to being a bit of each and have to be very careful about sallying forth into sale land; partly because it's all such fun and I love a bargain. So enjoy the Winser sale and shop well and wisely. Here are my top five to go on sale, though it’s wise to follow the sale online as there are daily updates.
1. We love all stripes and the cotton jersey striped dress was already affordable but is now a bargain at £49. Also in stripe: the wrap skirt, £49.
2. Pima cotton T shirt, now at £19, is an easy win. I buy lots of white T shirts and even sleep in them if soft and smooth as this one is. So sale is a good opportunity to do a bit of T shirt replacement.
3. Anything with the name Audrey from the Winser collection is a must for me, and this linen jumper has all the attributes of the cashmere Audrey but in the lightest summer linen, £49.
4. Crepe jersey deep V shift dress, please be mine. I recommend this simple shift as a wonderful all-rounder, at £89 it’s a steal!
5. Another crepe dress, this one is colour-blocked and also at £89. Not merely a summer buy, this is trans-seasonal and wearable all year round.