Whether you plan to spend it with a loved one, great friends or family, this is one of the big date-nights of the year. From a sartorial stand point, why not infuse some of the passion synonymous with the special day into your wardrobe? A curvaceous dress: check out our Miracle shapes that make the most of yours. A delectable décolletage is very seductive: show it off in the crepe jersey shift dress, or the deep V dress in crepe jersey or double knit Ponte de Roma. Ditch the trousers and strut your stuff with a fitting skirt, the Milano is just the one. Silk shirts and cashmere are very touchy feely. And, if it is a glamorous gift you are hoping for, the cashmere shawls and throws are the zenith of luxury. There are lots of reasons to celebrate the most romantic day of the year. We have done a bit of unscientific research amongst our colleagues and here are the Winser girls’ tips:
- All cards are welcome, even if they are from your kids, and brekky in bed is nice too.
- Our own needs are sometimes low on our lists so a lunch-break hair appointment is a real treat.
- If “music is the food of love” we all know the tracks that get us in that great mood.
- The unexpected bouquet delivery is a number one morale booster.
- Better a romantic dinner at home than a hit and miss do at your local.
- To avoid disappointment let your significant other know what you would like. Make it clear, whether it is diamonds or dinner, it is unfair to expect a surprise and for it to be right.
- “Love is all around”. No partner this year? A Valentine’s treat for you, your best friend, mum, sister, daughter is nice.
- Boo-hoo, really all alone? Who cares – get that romantic movie out, we all love Moonstruck with Cher. And don’t be mean to yourself, get that cashmere throw anyway.
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY FROM ALL OF US.
By Vanessa de Lisle - www.thefashioncupboard.com