The quest for the ideal work outfit is still a live issue. The rules for dressing for the office have been re-written too often. We have been urged to wear pyjamas, trainers and frills, but in fact there is a dress code and let’s be inspired by this month’s Modern Muse, Dame Anna Wintour. I read that Anna says she doesn’t follow trends; how refreshing. Her dresses show her respect for her job and the people she comes into contact with during the working day. Her simple, colourful dresses, to the knee with sleeves, add to her charisma and are an intelligent answer for work. Winser London dresses are already popular and the Spring additions are both affordable and fabulous.
1. The Cotton Pleat dress, £115, knitted in a clever stitch in a cool, comfortable cotton. The skirt has some movement and the simple styling will suit any age. The Hollywood red is spot-on for this season.
2. There are two new colour block dresses; the Miracle Dress at £135 is so slimming it really is a miracle. The second colour block dress is in crepe jersey, £135, and in blush and black it ticks all the boxes.
3. The Milano Cotton Shift is also in punchy Hollywood red.
4. I’m a particular fan of the Grace Miracle Dress, £150, it comes in several colours and is my go-to day dress, the Short-Sleeved Miracle Dress £99 is also a repeat buy for many customers.
5. There is a new Crepe Jersey Shift dress, £165, with a crochet trim which I urge you to look at. The black and ivory is extremely smart and striking. Make any of these dresses your own with different tweaks in your styling. Big earrings or real pearls; sporty bag or favourite Chanel. Try Anna Wintour’s trick: wearing three colourful collet necklaces together. The dress, a net gain every day.
To shop out full workwear collection, click here.
By Vanessa de Lisle - www.thefashioncupboard.com